In this article, I tell you about my favorite places in the Marais district in the center of Paris. If you know others, don't hesitate to comment.
1. La Place des Vosges
Its famous red brick facades and blue slate roofs reflect the Renaissance style. I advise you to walk under the arcades, you will discover small antique shops and even an opera singer who is there almost every day of the year! Do not miss its quality performances that will soothe you.
Summer or winter, you can stroll in the central public garden, lengthen you in the grass to enjoy the sun or organize a picnic with family or friends. I assure you this garden is very relaxing and the Place des Vosges gives off an incredible charm!
2. Le Voltigeur
"The Voltigeur" offers dishes more appetizing than each other, certainly nothing revolutionary but it feels like home.
This place is very friendly, the decoration is original including its shelves filled with books. There is even a small terrace which is very nice to enjoy their famous signature Cappuccino.
I don't hide the fact that the menu is very short and simple but whether it is the dishes or desserts, everything is really delicious and for a price that isn't excessive. I was surprised by the freshness of the products.
On the menu, quiches, salads, croque monsieur, soups in winter and gazpacho in summer, homemade desserts - like their cheesecake which is amazing!
3. Le Point Virgule
Today, I propose you to go to the Point Virgule, the little theater of the Marais which is a real temple of humour in the heart of Paris.
The shows are intended for all audiences and at relatively affordable prices. There is one for everyone's preference: one man show, stand up, musical show ...
Do you like to laugh? then you will find your happiness! However, I advise you to check their website (http://www.lepointvirgule.com) for an overview of the plays performed before you go there.
For those who do not know this place, many comedians such as Coluche or Florence Foresti made their debut on scene, here in this iconic café-theater and who were / are now well known in France.
4. La Droguerie
Wondering WHERE to eat a good crepe in the Marais? Well, I recommend "The droguerie" which is located in the Rue des Rosiers (not far from the Voltigeur). I had a huge crush on their sweet crepes but you can also enjoy salty crepes with original toppings.
There is little room inside to settle but the best is to take away and enjoy the crepe on a bench in the Place des Vosges!
The manager is very nice, the crepes are delicious and mellow at reasonable prices.
If you are in the district, go there! we never say "no" to a little gourmet break, right?
5. Le Petit Marcel
Want to eat in a typical Parisian brasserie? Little Marcel is waiting for you!Located close to the Pompidou Center, this restaurant has a very pleasant terrace, an atypical decoration, a warm atmosphere and a quality service.
The dishes are hearty, classic and well cooked such as homemade foie gras, duck confit, grilled salmon, steak tartare, salads, lemon pie, crème brûlée ... There are many of choice.
The prices are attractive but above all, we feast on. We spend a great time and I assure you have only one desire, it's to go back there!
I hope I made you want to visit this beautiful district! My next article is coming soon!












I LOVE this district ! It's so Parisian... I'm coming in April, I can't wait to test the Petit Marcel restaurant ! Thank you for your tips Justine, it's very fun and attractive !
ReplyDeleteIt's a pleasure, thank you ! I hope you will like it :)
DeleteWaouh it's so cool Justine ! It looks very nice ! Can you please tell me the price for a lunch at Voltigeur restaurant ? Is it expensive ? Merci
ReplyDeleteThanks! no it's not expensive, it costs about around 12€ for a lunch, don't hesitate if you have any others questions :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI want some French crepes!!! They look so gooood!
ReplyDeleteYou will see, they are delicious!!
Delete